A/C COMPRESSOR

1994 Honda Accord

GDHardin15

September, 14, 2013 AT 7:25 AM

My 1994 Honda Accord's AC is no longer working. I took it to a shop to have it looked at. The mech said he tested it to see if it had freon, and it does, just that the "AC compressor was running weak and it seemed to be going out."

They said I could get a used or new one from ebay or a parts place for around 50$. I have yet to buy a new one because I'd rather see if there is another answer for my compressor I still have.
When the car is running I can change the AC from off to on, supposedly full blast, and it sounds as if the engine drags a second, like the ac compressor is trying to come on, but nothing happens. Some cold air does trickle or leak very slowly from the AC vents inside my car but has no force behind it.

hmac300

September, 14, 2013 AT 8:40 AM

Without actually hooking up gauges we cannot give even a close diagnosis to this. It could be the compressor clutch, but if mechanic said compressor is on way out then believe him

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue