Heater trouble

STUPIDTRUCK
  • 1994 GMC SIERRA
  • 200 MILES
A/c doesnt get cold heat doesnt get hot. Air sounds like it shud b blowin hard but its barely comin out. Cant even feel it on low setting. Can still hear it tho. Changed thermostat and flushed core?Please help
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:13 PM

Actually, it sounds like there is a problem with the blend air door. This door is near the heater core. Its job is to turn one direction to allow the fan to blow air through the heater core and heat the vehicle, and the other direction is for the AC to cool the vehicle. Based on your description, it sounds like it is stuck in the middle. Therefore, you don't get good AC or heat and there is less air entering the vehicle.
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:22 PM
STUPIDTRUCK
How do I get to this door and I have read something about a blend door actuator is that the same thing? It is a digital control if that matters.
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:36 PM
It will be next to the heater core. The actuator is the device that moves the door. Yes, it can be bad.
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:40 PM
STUPIDTRUCK
What about the blend door motor? And is there a way to tell which one it is. When pushing buttons on the control panel I can hear clicks coming from something near the heater core
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:42 PM
STUPIDTRUCK
Also will I have to open up the core housing to get to the door
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:45 PM
Everything may be working but need adjustment. You need to try it while you check the part. If you hear it, chances are something is disconnected or out of adjustment.
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 8:47 PM
STUPIDTRUCK
Will I have to open the core housing to get to the door
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 9:28 PM
STUPIDTRUCK
Ok s its not the blend door. Found its working smoothly. Although there was a gadget unplugged. Plugged it back in (into a box that looked like the actuator box in the fron but this was in back (motor side) ) after plugging that in the box mad a loud clicking noise until we unplegged it. Any ideas
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 9:09 PM
I would need to see a picture. It sounds like an actuator.
Sunday, September 25th, 2011 AT 3:18 AM