CAR IS STUCK ON ON WONT SHUT OFF BEEN PULLING ...

1994 Ford Taurus

Anonymous

November, 28, 2012 AT 11:22 PM

Car is stuck on on wont shut off been pulling fuse and removing battery cables to turn it off. To start it I replace the cables and direct start it. Runs great but getting tired of doing all that can I wire a tuggle switch for a on and off

robertdebeaux

I would like to know if you can turn the key to the OFF position. Since you did not specify that you can remove the key, I am guessing that you can.
Just as if your key were to fail to start the car, your key lock assembly might have a broken vane or tumbler that prevent the action of turning it off.

Try this, under your dash from the steering wheel are bundles of wires. Most of the wires go to connectors. This is done so modules can be removed or replaced.
Trace from the ignition switch which bundle and or connector comes from the ingnition. Turn the car on, then disconnect the connector for that bundle. If the car turns off, then you need to replace your ignition switch.

If your car does not turn off, you have just eliminated a section of the problem from scrutiny.

Good luck.

Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006