1994 Ford Probe car wont start

STUCK ON PROBE
  • 1994 FORD PROBE
I changed timing belt all the marks line up tdc changed plugs checked distributor and rotor button it get fuel I have no idea what to check next or does the crank have to be timed 10 degrees before top dead center can some one help this car run again it is my daily driver please help
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 12:47 PM

MADMIKE1735
Did you line up the marks before you pulled the belt? If not, you maybe off 180 degrees. Do you have spark?
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 3:32 PM
STUCK ON PROBE
The belt had chewed some pof the grip off the only thing that turned was the crank so I rotated the crank two full rotations felt likee compression stroke as it got harder to turn I then rotated the cams one complete rotation lined up the marks and followed thechilto.S manual the motor pops off but won't start I installed new plugs checked cap and rotor looks new
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 3:49 PM
MADMIKE1735
Hard to follow your reply. Both your cam and crank timing marks are correct right? Did it run before you replaced the belt? You said it was chewed up? Maybe it took out the crank sensor? Any extra info you have will help.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:00 PM
STUCK ON PROBE
Yes it ran before that I was driving it when it failed the belt was not broken it was still intact just bald at crank so belt would not rotate cams upon turning it over only crank would turn not newly or cams
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:13 PM
MADMIKE1735
Yes it ran before that I was driving it when it failed the belt was not broken it was still intact just bald at crank so belt would not rotate cams upon turning it over only crank would turn not newly or cams.

You were driving this when it failed? Belt did not break? Bald at crank usually only happens at start up. Once the belt is rotating, its very hard for the "cogs" to rip off.

Im not sure if this is an interference engine or not. I will check into that. In the mean time, have you verified cylinder compression? As long as your timing is correct, you have injector pulse, and spark, it should run.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:22 PM
MADMIKE1735
What size engine is this exactly? 2.0 correct?
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:32 PM
STUCK ON PROBE
2.5 v6 automatic trans axle 1994 ford probe gt
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:40 PM
MADMIKE1735
For the 2.5l v-6 engine you have, my info is showing this as an interference engine. Check compression, as valve to piston contact can result from what you described.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:48 PM
MADMIKE1735
Just incase your book didnt show in detail the correct timing marks, these may help. Once you are 100% sure your timing is correct, CHECK COMPRESSION!
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 4:50 PM
STUCK ON PROBE
2.5 v6 automatic trans axle 1994 ford probe gt can you check again about interference motor I heard both on manual trans yes on automatic no that contact most likely not unless tact was pegged
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 5:02 PM
MADMIKE1735
Transmission wont make a difference whether or not the the pistons will hit the valves. My source is stating do not rotate crank once timing marks are lined up, as valve damage WILL occur.
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 AT 5:04 PM
94FORDPROBEGT
Had the same problem, in the trunk in the driver side under the carpet is a fuel cutoff switch that won't let your car start unless you press it and it is triggered during bad alternator or if the belt breaks. Press it and your car will start fine :)
Thursday, March 20th, 2014 AT 12:53 AM
94FORDPROBEGT
I promise this will make your car start up perfect! Just did it 2 days ago lol
Thursday, March 20th, 2014 AT 12:57 AM