Ford f 150 5liter has no spark with ign but spark to coil when flashers are turned on

JERBERRR245
  • 1994 FORD F-150
  • 140 MILES
Hi this truck is really something to see ive insp wiring harness in cab to firewall the only component that I know of that may have a common to the two circuts is the multi function switch or the ignition so I am guessing that it has to be wiring in the engine compartment it certainly seems like a rubbed wire but pls any help at this point is welcome thnx
Thursday, September 15th, 2011 AT 9:24 PM

Have you checked for bad body grounds?
Friday, September 16th, 2011 AT 1:28 AM
JERBERRR245
Yup I even added a couple temp grnds to main harness in cab to see if the spark would stop or change but no change
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 4:13 AM
Did you check wiring in the steering column? Something there must be an issue since the flashers affect the ignition.
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 4:45 AM
OK FELLER

ALTHOUGH IMMA JEEP CJ KINDA GUY

MY DAD WAS A FORD MAN.I HAVE MESSED WITH THE OLDER ONES A LOT

I'M ABOUT TO GO TO "MITCHELL I" AND LOOK FOR SOME DIAGRAMS

IF I CAN'T FIGURE 'EM OUT AS FAR AS A "COMMON DENOMINATOR", I WILL POST THEM AND YOU CAN LOOK TOO!

IN THE MEAN TIME, LIKE I WOULD TELL PAP, WHEN WE WORKED ON HIS TRUCK, "MY JEEP SEEMS TO RUNNING GOOD!". YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT A REAL, PROVEN VEHICLE, CAPABLE OF WINNING WARS?

I'M USED TO PAPER STUFF, "MITCHELL I" WILL TAKE ME A FEW MINUTES TO NAVIGATE IN IT

BACK, MAYBE IN 20 MINUTES

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 5:32 AM
HERE WE GO!

MEGA COMPLICATE STUFF IN THERE!

I NEED MORE SPECIFIC TRK INFO. HECK, I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SOME OF IT MEANS! BUT IF YOU TELL ME, I CAN GET THE CORRECT DIAGRAMS

I WENT AHEAD AND GRABBED 3 DIAGRAMS, THE LATER 2, SHOULD BOTH BE CORRECT FOR ALL 150s THEY ARE THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER (BROKE INTO TWO DIAGRAMS)

THE 1ST IS "MFI" 5.0 ENGINE PERFORMANCE (I GRABBED THAT ONE, IT'S THE 1ST DIAGRAM!) OTHER CHOICES WERE "SFI" AND EVEN MORE LISTED TRANSMISSION TYPES, TO ACQUIRE THE CORRECT ENGINE PERFORMANCE DIAGRAMS (IN ALL, I HAVE ABOUT 6 CHOICES W/ A 5.0). SO WHAT IT BOILS DOWN TO IS, I GOT THE RIGHT DIAGRAMS. OR YOU ARE GONNA HAVE TO SEND MORE INFO SO I CAN! MFI?SFI? TRANNY? WILL HELP ME A BUNCH!

I DID A QUICK SCAN OF THE 1ST DIAGRAM, THE COIL PIC, SHOWS IT GOING TO ANOTHER DIAGRAM. THE GAUGES. THAT'S SORTA HOW I MADE MY CHOICES ON GRABBING THE INSTRUMENT DIAGRAMS

THERE'S LIKE A HUNDRED DIAGRAMS FOR VARIOUS ENGINE APPLICATIONS. THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO GET SPECIFIC!

SORRY IF I AIN'T REALLY HELPIN' REAL GOOD, THUS FAR

LET ME KNOW IF YOU CANNOT READ THESE, AS I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SIZE THEY WILL BE WHEN I POST.I CAN EXPLAIN A "PRIVATE" "SAFE" WAY TO GET THEM TO YOU. DON'T JUST BLURT OUT YOUR PRIVATE INFO HERE!

NIGHT NIGHT TIME HERE!

I WAS ALSO GIVEN ANOTHER SOURCE, I HAVE ACCESS TO (FORD STUFF ONLY). JUST WAS TOLD HOW TO GET IN YESTERDAY, I HAVE NOT BEEN IN YET. ONE OF OUR BIG GUYS WAS NICE ENOUGH TO CLUE ME IN! SO IF YOU STILL LIKE, I CAN SEE WHAT IT OFFERS WHEN I WAKE UP!

SEE YOU LATER TODAY, IT'S 0220 EASTERN HERE, WIFEYS GONNA BE UPSET I STAYED UP SO LATE!

DREAM ABOUT JEEPS TONIGHT!

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 6:29 AM
ALL-RIGHTY THEN

WENT TO THE FORD SUPPORT SITE, KINDA HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO NAVIGATE WITHIN IT!

J & N, ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH THE "TECHNICAL RESOURCE CENTER"? IF SO, MAYBE YOU COULD FIND SOMETHING HELPFUL IN IT?

SO I'M GONNA STICK TO WHAT I MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU, WITHIN MY MEANS, THAT WE CAN POSSIBLY FIND A COMMON FACTOR IN YOUR SYSTEMS

YES, I SORTA GET CARRIED AWAY. BUT I DO TRY TO HELP, IF POSSIBLE. SOME OF THE OTHER GUYS "MIGHT" VOUCH FOR THAT?

EVEN THOUGH I'VE TOLD YOU THAT I'M SORTA SHOOTIN' IN THE DARK, I DO HAVE A LOT OF NIGHT FIRE TRAINING, AND I HAVE SCORED PRETTY DECENT, WITH CONFIRMED HITS ON OBSCURE TARGETS!

IF YOU COULD SUPPLY THE CORRECT INFO FOR YOUR TRUCK, I WILL TRY TO GET THE RIGHT DIAGRAMS. SOMEONE (IT MAY NOT BE ME) SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT. YOU MAY BE CORRECT (OR NOT) ABOUT THE MULTIFUNCTION OR THE IGNITION SWITCH. LOOKS TO ME LIKE TRACING THRU THE DIAGRAMS, MIGHT BE CHEAPER THAN, THROWING PARTS, OR LAST RESORT HIRING SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT.

CAN YOU READ THE ABOVE DIAGRAMS? WAS THE "MFI 5.0" THE CORRECT DIAGRAM?

YOU ALSO HAVE THE OPTION OF TELLING ME TO. GO AWAY. AND I WILL, MY FEELINGS ARE UNHURTABLE.

Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 12:47 AM
JERBERRR245
Hey there jeep fans yeah I know jeeps are reliable ive still got my commanche runs great over 50,000 miles off road thus far its still just truckin along no it is the mfi and I cannot blow up the diagrams since last post ive pulled the dash and inspected all the wiring nothing around the column ha rubbed thru so im going to get the two switches and inspect harness from firewall to relay box under hood my wife tore her acl so ive been slowed up a bit but really appreciate the help
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 AT 11:32 PM
SENT YOU A MESSAGE

CLICK ON YOUR NAME AT THE TOP--LOOK LEFT FOR MESSAGE CENTER

ANY OTHER SYSTEMS THAT MAY BE RELATED, SO I CAN LOOK FOR THOSE DIAGRAMS TOO?

Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 12:26 AM
Commanche? I got a new one in 88. Straight 6 and would go anywhere!
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 2:04 AM