1994 ford explorer. Idles rough and there is black smoke from tailpipe.
have the same problem?
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 AT 1:21 PM
Sounds like its running too rich
Probable causes of an engine running rich are as follows:
1. Excessive fuel pressure can be cause by restricted fuel return line
2. Defective Oxygen Sensors.
3. Leaking injectors and fuel pressure regulator.
4. Coolant temperature sensor out of calibration.
5. Restricted air intake system.
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 AT 1:50 PM
Truck starts fine but when I step on the gas it hesitates like it's not getting enough fuel. Have changed all sensors except o2. Still have black smoke coming from tailpipe so will check the above. Could this be a fuel pump problem?
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 AT 2:02 PM
Check the fuel pressure with a gauge if its within specs-Injector/s and fuel pressure regulator could be leaking-investigate