I HAVE A Z71 FOUR WHEEL DRIVE.. IT WILL NOT FIRE AND IS NOT GETTING GAS.

1994 Chevrolet Truck

jhuff74

September, 26, 2011 AT 7:08 PM

I changed the ECM and it ran for about 30 minutes and then shut back down. Now I can't get it to start.

jhuff74

September, 26, 2011 AT 7:10 PM

I meant it is NOT getting gas

September, 26, 2011 AT 7:19 PM

Why did you change the ecm? Use a gage and check fuel pressure. If your tbi, you have to tie into the supply line. Sometimes it is easier to tie in at the fuel filter, if the engine compartment is really cluttered. Just make sure no pressure on the system, before you take anything loose. Any applicable trouble codes?

jhuff74

September, 27, 2011 AT 4:53 AM

Truck was not getting gas or firing, changed ECM, ran for about 30 min. Then shut back down. It does have 12 volts going to coil

jhuff74

September, 27, 2011 AT 3:07 PM

No codes

September, 27, 2011 AT 3:16 PM

What is litre size of engine? Engine cranking, do you have spark at the plugs.

You can take spark plug wire loose, use spark tester in boot, ground metal part of tester to metal part of engine, engine cranking watch for spark. Is there spark?

If something is causing the ecm to go bad, you need to fix that issue, first.

September, 27, 2011 AT 3:24 PM

With engine cranking, it's the ignition module that controls spark. Do you have TBI fuel injection? If the computer doesn't see an rpm signal, no injector pulse. The rpm signal comes from the pickup coil to the ignition module to computer for distributor ignition.

jhuff74

September, 29, 2011 AT 8:20 PM

It was a fault in the ignition module and a broke wire on the pick-up coil. THANKS FOR THE INFO.

September, 29, 2011 AT 8:25 PM

Glad you got it going your way.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right