WHERE IS THE FUEL RELAY LOCATED ON A 94 CHEVY S10 LONGBED PICKUP

1994 Chevrolet Truck

TerriD

December, 10, 2011 AT 8:45 PM

Will not stay running. Replaced fuel pump as well as all the lines. Can not locate the fuel relay to check it out. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you so much. Terri

rivermikerat

December, 10, 2011 AT 8:55 PM

VIN code? California model? See image.

TerriD

December, 10, 2011 AT 9:24 PM

I doubt it is a california model, it was purchased new in Ohio. Is the VIN code part of the VIN number? Sorry, I am researching this for my boyfriend so we are back and forth on the phone as I am serching for an answer. He has been trying to get the truck to run for over a week now, and has replaced the fuel pump 3 times! Also, he replaced all the fuel lines. The truck starts, but will only go a few yards. I believe he also said the psi is low? Thank you SO MUCH for your time in replying to me!

rivermikerat

December, 10, 2011 AT 10:39 PM

Yes, the VIN code is part of the VIN#.
Have him spray carburetor cleaner into the air intake and see if that keeps the engine running. If so, he has a fuel delivery issue. No matter which engine (VIN code) it is, the fuel pump relay is located in or near the main relay/fuse/junction box. The code basically tells us which location in the box it is.

You said he mentioned the fuel pressure was low. How low? Can he rent or borrow a fuel pressure tester from a parts store to check? Have him listen for the relay and pump activating when he turns the key to On and Start. Have him use a meter or test light to see if the fuel pump (in the fuel tank, at the top) is getting power.

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right