94 (supercharged) Buick PA engine surge

GOODBADIMTHEGUYWITHTHEGUN
  • 1994 BUICK PARK AVENUE
I have a 94 Buick (supercharged) PA. Speedo says 94,000 miles but I can not verify that.

TODAY I brought it in to local shop who checked for code errors but still do not know what is wrong. They want to start changing sensors.

YESTERDAY, while after driving for 30 min. Or so on the interstate in 95 deg. Heat, the car started surging/stall similar to running out of gas. Gage says 1/4 tank, however, wife had mentioned the other day, she felt the gage had recently started acting up. I limped along to the nearest station and filled it completely and added a bottle of gumout injector cleaner for good measure.

Back on the road at 70mph and running normal. Maybe ten min. And she's doing it again. I thought maybe the tranny. So relaxed the accelerator and shifted into neutral (while still keeping up with traffic). Depressed the accelerator slightly and held it there while watching the tach. The engine continued to surge back and forth between idle and 3000 rpm+/-. Still in neutral and coasting at 50 mph, I turned the key off and resatarted. Back to normal for another 5-10 minutes or so and she started the process all over.

Im in city traffic now coming to a stop sign and she is still misbehaving. Although she stays running while I am stopped, she starts surging as soon as I try to accelerate.
It seems if she is allowed to cool down, she will stay running normal for longer intervals.
Any intellegent feedback would most certainly be welcome. Thank you to whoever in advance.
Friday, July 1st, 2011 AT 8:14 PM

WRENCHTECH
Duplicated question
Friday, July 1st, 2011 AT 9:28 PM