WITH THE BRIGHT LIGHTS ON-IT ALMOST STALLS

1994 Acura Vigor

2CarPros-Archives

October, 10, 2010 AT 1:21 AM

I just bought a 1994 Acura Vigor (manual trans) 125,000 miles. This car has a pro-lock alarm system. I replaced the battery and terminals (the whole ground wire and the terminal connection on the positive) because the old one was severely corroded. Now every time I turn on the headlights, parking lights, hit the brakes (tail lights), and even hit the power locks, all of the other electrical (radio, interior lights, even engine especially with the bright lights on-it almost stalls) gets really dim (the radio even shuts off with the lights on). I have voltage checked the battery with the car on and off and it reads in regulations. I've also checked everything I can see and nothing (that I changed or repaired) seems to be grounding out or anything. I can't get a Chilton repair manual for another week (it's on order) and I've only had the car for 5 days! Please someone give me some kind of good news?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

2CarPros-Archives

October, 10, 2010 AT 1:25 AM

Make really sure that the ground (-) its making good solid contact with the frame.