Wiring schematic for fuel pump

JTEMPLE58
  • 1993 TOYOTA CAMRY
Have a 1993 toyota camry 4cyl and the problem is only 7.1v to the fuel pump connector and therefore the fuel pump isn't working. Need a wiring schematic to figure out next step. I have verified all fuses are good and volts are good, replaced plugs, wire, dist cap, rotor, ignition coil (which is inside dist), fuel filter, fuel pump and even the circuit opening relay (which is above the glove box) and still not getting enough juice to the pump. Any ideas?
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

Here is a guide to help you test the wiring of the fuel pump and relay below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-wiring

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please run this test and get back to us.
-1
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 11:33 PM
JTEMPLE58
Thanks the relay was bad. I love this site.
-1
Friday, February 4th, 2011 AT 2:48 AM
Good to hear, please use 2CarPros anytime we are here to help.
Friday, February 4th, 2011 AT 6:27 PM
DAVIDDLW1
  • 1993 TOYOTA CAMRY
My car would not start so the first thing I done was to check the fuel pump. I tried listning to see if I could hear the fuel pump under my back seat and through the gas filler cap but when I turn key to on on car I could not hear the fuel pump engaging. I took fuel pump out of car and tested it and the pump was bad. I purchased a nother fuel pump and tested it before I installed it and it operated great. But when I tried to start the car it would not start. I done what I did befor by listning for the pump to engage when key turn to on but did not hear pump engage. I took pump out again and tested it the pump worked great. I tried testing the pump out of the gas tank by having it hook up and turning car to on and the pump would not engage. So I guess the problem has to be in the fuse or relays so I tested the fuses and all fuses tested good, my car book said to check the efi main relay and the circuit open relay. I put in another efi relay but I did not see the circuit open relay. The book showed it on the fire wall in the middle next to the vacum sensor. The vacum sensor I saw but there was no circuit open relay on the firewall. Can you tell me where this relay is or is it my relays?
Saturday, February 9th, 2019 AT 7:20 PM (Merged)
Hi daviddlw1, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

In the check connector jumper Fp to Batt turn key on the fuel pump should come on-let me know so we can continue.

Also do this when above is done: At the airflow meter block the flap wide open and attempt to start-

Note: The airflow meter has to ground the circuit opening relay in order to power up the fuel pump.
-2
DAVIDDLW1
The advise you gave for my fuel pump worked great. Now my fuel pump is operating correctly and my car starts right up. Thanks
-1
2 LINSEY
Hi daviddlw1, good to hear you got your camry working. Thank you for using 2CarPros. Com. We appreciate your donation and look forward to helping you in the future.
+1
MOFO
  • 1993 TOYOTA CAMRYTOYOTA CAMRY
I have a 1990 model holden apollo similar to camry SV20. Around 290,000 kms. There is something wrong with the wiring that means that the fuel pump cuts out once the car has started. I would like to know where the relay is and any suggestions to fixing this problem. Thankyou

can anyone tell us exactly where to get find the fuel pump relay on this model?
LOSONE
If I am not mistaken, the fuel pump circuit on that model goes through the oil pressure switch. There is also a fuel pump relay. Good luck
-1
3 IN A TREE
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
94 Camry 364 kms. The car has been very well maintained. It just stalled while I was driving down the road. Sometimes it will start but then it bogs out (sounds like it is starving for fuel) when you step on the gas and stalls. Sometimes it floods itself. The fuel pump, filter and relay have all been changed and the same problem is still happening.
Checked the number 4 plug and it was full of oil. Cleaned it up and it has not happened again.
Fuel is moving threw the lines.
Any ideas
Saturday, February 9th, 2019 AT 7:21 PM (Merged)
Try the throttle position and MAF sensor.
3 IN A TREE
Try the throttle position and MAF sensor.[/Quote:5f580583ba]

Both have been tried and still the same problems. There is 200 lbs of comprensation in the motor and still it is bogging out, the hotter it gets the worst it is.
3.
Check the fuel pressure.

Try the throttle position and MAF sensor.[/Quote:1133c1c438]

3.[/Quote:1133c1c438]
TTKT44
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
My car is a 92 toyota camry, a week ago I had the driveline replaced as it was a mangled mess! And a few days later I was getting on the freeway when my car suddenly stopped accelerating and I pulled over and it died. When I tried to restart it it would try to turn over, but there was no pressure on the gas pedal. I had it towed home and people have been saying its the fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel relay switch. That switch in the engine is slow returning somebody said that it could be a spring. I dont have a ton of money and have no way to tow it to a shop as I am a single mom of three. I was hoping that you guys could help me figure out which is the most likely so I could get that replaced. The car was not bucking and snorting, or feeling like it was trying to get gas to the engine, It simply just lost acceleration and the gas would not fire up the engine. It wouldnt even rev. Please help.
Check to see if there is enough fuel pump pressure. Go to our homepage under the DIY section and find fuel pressure check. You will need a gauge. Most parts stores will lend you one.
EGOMIKE70
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
I used a jumper wire in the diagnostic port and my fuel pump came on and I was told to replace efi main relay in the fuse box and I still cannot get the pump to come on
What are you doing when you expect the fuel pump to be running? What symptom are you trying to solve?
OPTIMUS PRIME
  • 1994 TOYOTA CAMRY
1994 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive 194654 miles

with the key in the on position the fuel pump wont run, yet when I bridge the battery and fuel pump in the diagnostic connector it will run. I have changed both the cicuit opening and efi relays as well as checked all the fuses what is preventing my pump from running normally? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
The airflow meter grounds the COR-try this block wide open the airflap in the airflow meter and attempt to start and see what happens.