After about 10 minutes or so it stalls

MICHAEL26
  • 1993 TOYOTA CAMRY
1993 Toyota Camry LE. The car cranks and runs just fine usually but after about 10 minutes or so (after it warms up) it goes dead and won't crank back up until it cools down. I have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, EGR valve, map sensor, Throttle position sensor, Auto air control sensor, every sensor possible, I have ran and checked every vacuum line for leaks.

Next thing I was looking into was the coil but it seems to be built in the distributor. Not sure on how to check if its getting to hot and shutting off. It warms up and starts slugging rpms up and down almost dead with check engine light on and finally dies on me and doesn't start back up until about 10 mins and starts again and repeats itself. What could be the problem? Im at a loss here spent over $800 on new parts and isnt fixed still.
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 3:13 AM

SATURNTECH9
For the 800 you could taken it somewhere and had it fixed. If the check engine light is coming on while its running then you need to see what codes you have. Let me know the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions.
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 4:51 AM
MICHAEL26
Well in my area the part stores only have the diagnose for 1996 and up. Since mines 1993 cannot do it unless I have one that they can get for me which is hundreds of dollars, it only comes on when engine gets warm but on and off then dies. But im trying to get one from a friend that will work for the year and model car. But no way other than that to get the code. Then I can take the code to the store and have em look it up. Im so aggravated on this car!
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 5:03 AM
MICHAEL26
I always work on my own stuff no matter wat. I just replaced a motor in my truck. No problems at all. Run like a top. I am very touchy on others messing with my cars. I belive the toyota problem could be in distributor. I mean what else could it be. I have spray vacumms and nothing there to cause problems. Its been 2 moonths trying to figure it out. I had replaced the whole dog house on it due from a wreck but this problem was going on befor that. But it looks like its never been wrecked now after I replaced the dog house. But still same problem
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 5:17 AM
SATURNTECH9
I posted how to get codes without a code reader see if you have any and let me know what they are if you have any?
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 4:44 PM