I need help on my transmission

TWP2459
  • 1993 ISUZU TRUCK

I have a Isuzu 93 reg p/u truck with a 2.3 l 2 bbl. I was coming back from church the other day and I It felt like the truck came out of gear. So I had it towed home and I drop the transmission since it is a 5 gear. When I look at it the shifting fork, throw bearing, clutch and pressure plate look OK. Didn't see any damage on the flywheel or surrounding area. I also notice prior to that is that I had to push the clutch in all the way to the floor and I have a new clutch cable as a spare. Could the wore out clutch cable been stretch out too much causing the gears not to easily not to go in gear and pop out. Please get back with me on this and I may have other questions on this topic. Thank you. Tim

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

DOCFIXIT

Will it shift into a gear? If yes put in gear turn input shaft by hand does output shaft turn?

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 8:32 PM
TWP2459

I know it will shift into gear without the engine on. But when I go to let the clutch out all I hear is the throw bearing squeak-in. Please emphasize what you mean as input shaft and outside shaft cause the trans is out of the truck. The transmission when I turned the shaft at the front of the trans the back of the trans turns too.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:02 PM
CADIEMAN

U need to replace every thing throwout bearing, cluch plate and pressure plate if it cant be cut.

Thursday, June 7th, 2012 AT 10:42 PM
TWP2459

Thanks I do have a brand new clutch cable, Im sure that will help to

Friday, June 8th, 2012 AT 7:29 PM