I NEED HELP ON MY TRANSMISSION

1993 Isuzu Truck

twp2459

June, 7, 2012 AT 6:49 PM

I have a Isuzu 93 reg p/u truck with a 2.3 l 2 bbl. I was coming back from church the other day and I It felt like the truck came out of gear. So I had it towed home and I drop the transmission since it is a 5 gear. When I look at it the shifting fork, throw bearing, clutch and pressure plate look OK. Didn't see any damage on the flywheel or surrounding area. I also notice prior to that is that I had to push the clutch in all the way to the floor and I have a new clutch cable as a spare. Could the wore out clutch cable been stretch out too much causing the gears not to easily not to go in gear and pop out. Please get back with me on this and I may have other questions on this topic. Thank you. Tim

Docfixit

June, 7, 2012 AT 8:32 PM

Will it shift into a gear? If yes put in gear turn input shaft by hand does output shaft turn?

twp2459

June, 7, 2012 AT 10:02 PM

I know it will shift into gear without the engine on. But when I go to let the clutch out all I hear is the throw bearing squeak-in. Please emphasize what you mean as input shaft and outside shaft cause the trans is out of the truck. The transmission when I turned the shaft at the front of the trans the back of the trans turns too.

cadieman

June, 7, 2012 AT 10:42 PM

U need to replace every thing throwout bearing, cluch plate and pressure plate if it cant be cut.

twp2459

June, 8, 2012 AT 7:29 PM

Thanks I do have a brand new clutch cable, Im sure that will help to

Automatic Transmission Service