WHERES THE LAMP CIRCUIT LOCATED.

1993 Infiniti G20

campbell_ad83

February, 10, 2012 AT 2:56 AM

Want to check it to make sure that its not blown before I purchase an alternator

Light Codes

Lighting Issue

fixitmr

February, 10, 2012 AT 3:10 AM

Whats the problem your having?

campbell_ad83

February, 10, 2012 AT 3:49 AM

Battery light was faint on dash board car wouldn't crank unless I boosted it off. Purchased a battery and did the alternator test. When I unhooked the neg battery cable the car cut off. I visited an auto parts store and saw where it was possible for a fuse to be blown in the lamp circuit. Not sure what/where that is. All I know is before I had any of these problems my driver side headlight was going in and out as it pleased before it just decided to go out. Plz help

fixitmr

February, 10, 2012 AT 4:28 AM

You can take the alternator in for testing? Chain auto stores have computer run test rigs. Do it for free.

devinfredrick

October, 18, 2012 AT 8:42 PM

I have had a feeling my electrical had an issue for a few weeks. Alternator is putting out just over 11A. Car is idling very rough at times. Battery light and ABS lights come on when it is about to Die. Finally died on me this morning on my way into work and then wouldnt turn over. I charged my battery yesterday so its not a battery issue, as the car electrical all worked after it died. I've heard that there could be a fusible link problem? Can anyone speak to this? Should I just replace the fusible link and all wiring running from/to battery and alternator - then replace my alternator?

Thoughts?

fixitmr

October, 19, 2012 AT 11:19 PM

You said 11 amps. Did you mean volts? While running have you tested voltage at battery? Should be 14+. 12 + or under means alternators not charging or circuit to turn it on is malfunctioning or hot wire to battery is bad or blown fuse/link. That's if alternator is good. You can also try chescking voltage at alternator output wire itself. If alternator is origanal or old I would say your symptoms indicate it's bad.

devinfredrick

October, 19, 2012 AT 11:25 PM

Yes I meant Volts. I'm going to check out the fusible link and wiring this weekend since its a cheap fix. Then going to install new alternator.

Window Switch Replacement and Test
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement