WAGON EX FANS NOT TURNING ON

1993 Honda Accord

thanvas

May, 8, 2013 AT 2:39 AM

I have a have a 1993 Honda Accord wagon that the fans are not turning on. I checked the fuses and swapped the relay in the fuse box and also swapped the relays mounted on the brackets. Still the fan will not turn on. If I jump the switch that's on the thermostat housing then I could get both fans to stay on all the time. I have this exact problem with my 1991 Honda Accord. Is there a defective fan circuit board that may be causing this or more fuses or relay? Can you please help?

Wrenchtech

May, 8, 2013 AT 5:45 AM

If jumping out the temp switch makes the fans come on, that proves there is nothing wrong with the circuit, and the problem can only be in the switch not turning them on.

thanvas

May, 8, 2013 AT 3:38 PM

The switch on the thermostat housing or other switch? I had similar problems with another car where I replace the switch on the thermostat housing and still the fan would not come on, but if I jump the switch the fans will turn on. Is there a way I could isolate this problem?

Wrenchtech

May, 8, 2013 AT 3:54 PM

There is no problem to isolate. If you jump the switch and the fan comes on, you have proven that the entire circuit is working and the switch has the ability to trigger the fans. You could have a bad switch or possible hot coolant is not reaching it due to a restriction somewhere but the system is fine.

thanvas

May, 8, 2013 AT 3:58 PM

Thanks. I will replace the switch to see if the fans will come on.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace