. MY TRUCK STARTED ACTING UP A FEW WEEKS AGO. I ...

• Anonymous
  • 1993 GMC Sierra

Hi. My truck started acting up a few weeks ago. I went to start it & when I released the key the starter kept spinning/truck didnt start & the only way I got the starter to stop was to unhook battery. I hooked the battery back up & got a boost but continued to do the same thing when I turned key(starter kept cranking engine over when key was released/no start. I put a new battery in & the truck fired right up. It ran gr8 for a few weeks but now have the same issue. I changed the starter & now it cranks the engine over & stops when I release the key but engine still wont start. I changed the ignition switch actuator still no start. It has spark & when I pour fuel down carb it fires up for a bit. Fuses are good & fuel pump relay clicks like it should. Fuel pump is dead now. I'm sure why it fired right up with a new battery & now am changing all this stuff to try to get it to run. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Darcy

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 AT 11:43 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Sounds like you answered your own question. The fuel pump is dead. Have the pressure checked to verify but I think that is what needs to be replaced.

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 AT 1:31 PM