1. Had head gasket checked by 2 diff shops dye did not show up yellow, they said no head gasket problem, engine needs rebuild.
2. I read on posts on internet to check pvc valve, I replaced it. Went on long run 1 hr at around 65-70 mph, no smoke except for a 1 puff of smoke, not the continous smoke.
3. I got home and no antifreeze loss, no oil loss, no soapy oil.
4. I have been using car constantly over past 2 weeks, no antifreeze loss, no oil loss. I have put over 500 miles on it.
5. No smoke at normal around town and some turnpike driving.
6. I read on a post to check air filter/cover for oil. No oil on air filter, but noticed a film on bottom of plastic cover of air filter that could be oil. It has a throttle body not a carb. The hole in the top of the throttle body looks like it could be oil on it, but like I say only a film
7. A post on internet said check vacume modulator on transmission? It is a 5 speed stick shift, 1993 Geo Metro, 1.0L, post says modulator could be sucking fluid into intake manifold, thus into combustion chamber creating white smoke?
8. One thing I have noticed is that who ever added oil last time put a little too much in, it is about a 1/8 inch over the full mark. I have heard that too much oil could cause smoking.
9. Bottom line is after I replaced pvc valve, smoking seems to be less when I drove it for a hour straight at high speeds.
thanks for your help, this is my California car, I live on the east in Delaware and stay 2 mos. With my son is San Diego and use this as my transportation and I want it to be reliable and not break down somewhere between San Diego and Las Vegas.
Any Ideas on this situtation?
have the same problem?
Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 AT 6:11 PM