1993 Taurus motor mount failure

POPPACOOL
  • 1993 FORD TAURUS
1993 taurus gl 3.0 repeated failure of motor mounts. I'm changing them at least yearly and the motor isn't leaking oil and I don't drive it hard. This time it's the front one but they both go bad. I'm using the same Anchor brand hydraulic mounts each time. Can you help me should I change to a solid rubber mount or a different brand? Thanks. Jack
Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 9:59 PM

Jack,
It sounds like the parts may not be too good. If the OEM mounts lasted a long time, I would recommend going back to them.
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
POPPACOOL
The problem is OEM mounts from Ford are over $150 each the last time I checked. I'm going to try solid rubber mounts and not the factory hydraulic type mounts and see how they hold up. I have a friend who was a ford mechanic and he said he changed alot of them. I emailed Anchor mount co. And they didn't have any tips for me. I'd spend the $300 for 2 mounts if I knew they would last. $300 vs $100 and have them last the same length of time. I'd really be P Oed. I was told that Anchor mounts were top quality mounts. Thanks for the reply. Jack
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 3:29 AM
At those prices, I understand your concern. The solid rubber may be a better choice for you. My only concern with them is some people complaine they feel a vibration in the vehicle after they are installed. The solid mount has more chance of sending engine vibrations throughout the vehicle. Other than that, they are fine.

At some point in the future, it would be nice to hear how they worked out for you. So, if you get a chance, let us know.

Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 4:48 AM
POPPACOOL
I know what you mean about the vibration as it shakes somewhat now with the bad mount. If it does shake it won't shake long most likely less than a year then I try somthing else. Jack
Friday, January 14th, 2011 AT 5:16 AM