Brake repair

ROBJONES
  • 1993 FORD TAURUS

I have a 93 ford taurus wagon I did a brake job on the front. I replaced the pads, calipers, rotors, bled the brake lines. The brakes worked great for a week then the pedal went to the floor. Checked, found air in the passenger side, bled them again, worked for another week then the same thing happened. I could not find any visible leaks, went thru this process 4 times then I exchanged the passenger caliper. It worked for a week again, then the pedal goes to the floor. Is there something else or some other part that could be allowing air in to the system on the right front only?

Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

DAVE'S BIG BACKYARD!
  • 264 POSTS

A leak somewhere is the only way air can get in the system. Check the calipers, and the hoses themself agin to make sure there not leaking and the bleeders.P.S it is using break fluid I take it?

Wednesday, January 12th, 2011 AT 1:34 AM
ERNEST CLARK

Also, if the fluid was allowed to get too low in the master cylinder, air would have been drawn into the master cylinder. Remove brake lines at MS and attach hoses that are long enough to run back into the MS. (Like two loops) Then pump the brakes. This will bleed the MS. Then you'll need to bleed the brakes all over again, starting at the right rear, left rear, right front, left front. In that order and keep an eye on the fluid level, not letting it get low.

Friday, February 25th, 2011 AT 2:20 PM