BRAKE REPAIR

1993 Ford Taurus

robjones

I have a 93 ford taurus wagon I did a brake job on the front. I replaced the pads, calipers, rotors, bled the brake lines. The brakes worked great for a week then the pedal went to the floor. Checked, found air in the passenger side, bled them again, worked for another week then the same thing happened. I could not find any visible leaks, went thru this process 4 times then I exchanged the passenger caliper. It worked for a week again, then the pedal goes to the floor. Is there something else or some other part that could be allowing air in to the system on the right front only?

dave's big backyard!

January, 12, 2011 AT 1:34 AM

A leak somewhere is the only way air can get in the system. Check the calipers, and the hoses themself agin to make sure there not leaking and the bleeders.P.S it is using break fluid I take it?

Ernest Clark

February, 25, 2011 AT 2:20 PM

Also, if the fluid was allowed to get too low in the master cylinder, air would have been drawn into the master cylinder. Remove brake lines at MS and attach hoses that are long enough to run back into the MS. (Like two loops) Then pump the brakes. This will bleed the MS. Then you'll need to bleed the brakes all over again, starting at the right rear, left rear, right front, left front. In that order and keep an eye on the fluid level, not letting it get low.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front BMW M3