Engine will not start

BPORTER
  • 1993 FORD RANGER
I have a 1993 ranger 4 cylinder manual transmission with 47,000 actual miles. I was driving it from Ohio to Wisconsin when all of a sudden, the oil pressure gage went to zero. Being electronic and other gauges did not work, I stopped to check oil level, which was fine. I continued to drive and stopped every 50 miles and checked level and to see if any metal showed. All appeared good and the gauge would come to pressure and then to zero. After 2 hours, all of a sudden I started to hear a clicking noise, kind of like noise tappet. All was good and running at 55 mph the engine just shut off. Would not start after that. I trailered it the rest of way. Engine turns over, but no fire. There is no metal in oil. Is there a sensor that may control fuel pump or electronic controls? Any advice is appreciated. I would like to gather some type idea before I consult repair center. It was my father's truck and given to my son.

Bob Porter
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 12:22 AM

BOATBUDDY
Check the ineria switch under the dash. This switch was designed for roll overs to cut fuel to the engine. This switch can go bad also check vavle train components, belts, and EEC-IV solenoids.
Monday, December 20th, 2010 AT 1:01 AM