BAD/LOW POWER UP-HILL

1993 Ford Ranger

nevadavic

May, 26, 2012 AT 9:46 PM

So after removing sparks plugs, I was told STEAM came out of #4 SPARK plug hole. What should be my next check/step?

fixitmr

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

Are you loosing coolant? How was it determined to be steam and say not gas vapors form leaky injector?

fixitmr

May, 26, 2012 AT 10:04 PM

Did spark plug look different from other cylinders? Like really clean or funny deposits?

nevadavic

May, 27, 2012 AT 8:59 PM

Good questions. I will have to check. Thanks!

rivermikerat

July, 29, 2012 AT 6:37 PM

Nevadavic: What's the verdict on this? Was it steam or gas vapor? Is that plug cleaner than the rest?

nevadavic

August, 1, 2012 AT 4:02 PM

All good Q's! But I already researched as U all suggested. No loss of coolant, and no the plug was similar color as others. Turns out it was not steam was just hot gases. The problem was/is the transmission. The uphill issue matured into an acceleration issue but the tachometer did not fluctuate during acceleration! Long story but the Xmission needs to be worked on. Thanx for support!

rivermikerat

August, 2, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

Our pleasure. Thanks for the update. By the way, do you know the history of "Kilroy was here" ?

nevadavic

August, 2, 2012 AT 1:39 AM

The history of "Kilroy was here"?
Yes, a friend sent me the history in E-mail. Do you want?

rivermikerat

August, 2, 2012 AT 2:39 AM

No. I know it. Kilroy was a rivet inspector at the Bath Shipyard during WWII. But thanks. I've actually met some of his relatives when went to school out there.

Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20