HEY EVERYONE I HAVE A 93 PROBE GT WITH THE 2

1993 Ford Probe

ZR6dave

December, 30, 2012 AT 6:09 PM

Hey everyone, I have a 93 probe GT with the 2.5L 24 valve V6. The other die it wouldn't start (dead battery) and I replaced it only to find it still wouldn't start. When I finally got it running it would sputter with any load above 1/4 throttle. It coded LHO2S and RHO2S. I replaced them an the fuel filter with no luck. I then checked compression (as to hint of proper timing). It has 175PSI on all 6 cylinders. I then separated the exhaust at the catalytic conv. And still the same. So at his point I replaced all the plugs and the crank sensor (had one laying around) and still the same. You should also know I have a new fuel pump, distributor, and plug wires. I will be checking the throttle positioning sensor today for resistance across its travel for dead spots, checking the fuel pressure, and if both check good then ill be pulling the timing belt cover to verify timing. Could anyone shed some light on what I may be missing? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

mbarizia

What about the ignition coil? You haven't mention that on your description. Does this problem happen only when the engine is warmed up? Or also at a cold start?

ZR6dave

January, 5, 2013 AT 1:16 AM

Isn't the distributor the ignition coil? That's brand new. And it does it wether its cold or hot

mbarizia

I would check for vacuum leaks? Try to spray some propane around the IM and TB and check for any change on the idle.
Also, most likely the VRIS. Have you checked the VRIS? Also try to disconnect the EGR valve if it has one.

TPS Sensor Step by Step Replacement Guide