1993 Ford F-150 Rear end

SEAN_BREWER
  • 1993 FORD F-150
I'm doing a 4 wheel drive swap on my truck. I have everything I need but when looking at the rear end I got I saw an electrical plug coming off the top of the hog head. What is this and will it hook right up to my truck with no problems? Will I even need it?
Sunday, March 30th, 2014 AT 7:11 PM

It's probably a switch to actuatoe the 4wd. Are you sure it's from a 93?
Monday, March 31st, 2014 AT 6:55 AM
SEAN_BREWER
No my truck is a 93 the parts are from a 91 doesn't mean it's been switched out in its past but everything else matches right up. It's a Manuel shift 4x4 so there should be no actuator right? Maybe abs of some sort?
Monday, March 31st, 2014 AT 8:25 AM
At first I lookedat the front end axle now I looked at the rear and i'm assuming this is a8.75 or 10, 75 axle and it is the abs sensor wire or sensor an dif you dont' need it it won't hurt anything.
Monday, March 31st, 2014 AT 9:26 AM
SEAN_BREWER
Thanks for the help.
Saturday, April 5th, 2014 AT 11:43 AM
SEAN_BREWER
Can anyone tell me what transmission is in a 93 f150 4x4? Maybe a diagram of it?
Friday, April 18th, 2014 AT 7:18 PM
Automatic Overdrive Transmission (AOD) is identified by the code letter "T". The identification code letter is found on the lower line of Vehicle Certification Label under "TR". This label is attached to driver side door lock post
The E4OD automatic transmission is identified by a tag located on left side of manual lever position (MLP) sensor. Top line of tag shows assembly part number and serial number. Second line on tag shows model and build date
there are two also for 2wd and 4wd applications. See pics
Saturday, April 19th, 2014 AT 6:13 AM
SEAN_BREWER
Can you help me identify these to plugs? One goes in the front of the transfer case and the other on the tail shaft of the transfer case?
Saturday, April 19th, 2014 AT 7:47 AM
I can't get to a manual at the moment due to my computer having problems. But the one may be a speed sensor on back of tcase and the other is probably for the shift motor for the tcase which you may need a transfer case module to make it work.
Saturday, April 19th, 2014 AT 4:31 PM