The cigarette lighter on my 1993 Dodge Dakota does not work

KRAZYSPOONHEADBOY
  • 1993 DODGE DAKOTA
For a while now, when I go to plug something into my cigarette lighter to charge it, it does not work. I thought at first it could just be the devices but when I try to use the lighter itself, it still does not work. I have not yet checked fuses. Im not sure where the fuse for the lighter would be located as I do not have a schematic for the fuse box anymore. Is a fuse most likely the cause or could it be something more complicated?
Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 8:05 AM

Fuse 9 feeds the lighter. It comes off a part of the ignition switch. That circuit also feeds three other fuses, so if the wipers, signals, and radio work, you know the ignition switch is okay.

Use a test light or voltmeter to test for voltage on the center terminal of the lighter socket. If voltage is missing, suspect fuse 9. (Or just check the fuse to start with).
-1
Thursday, March 8th, 2012 AT 8:53 AM