DIESEL WON'T START

• Canyontx
  • 1993 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

93 chevy 6.5 turbo diesel autotrans was starting just fine then suddenly no start just white smoke. Have to use a squirt of start fluid to start. My computer I know it has another name has anything to do with it has never been readable.I've put in new one same thing no contact. Not sure it is relevant or not. Also my oil pan heater quit working.I mention these other problems to give you a complete picture.I am not familiar with all of the terminology of some components like some controllers or solonoids and more importantly where to find these parts.I can read an electrical schematic fairly well, but have no idea where to find them.I need your knowledge gentlemen. What next?And where do I find decent informative schematics if possible broken down to function, like schematic just for glow plugs and controllers, timers, etc. Please help. Mm

Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 12:51 AM

• Dr Loot

The first place to start is the glow plugs, remove the wires from the glow plugs and check them each individually make sure there's continuity. I

Sunday, February 6th, 2011 AT 6:23 PM