WHAT'S IS CAUSING THIS ISSUE WITH STALLING

1993 Chevrolet Silverado

ec.sweet

November, 13, 2011 AT 5:24 AM

93 silverado truck still stalling and running poorly. I've installed new fuel pump, tank, lines, sender, filter, sock, and ignition module. Computer states all is in perimeters! What could be causing this issue? I'm at a complete loss! Trucks problem pers

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2011 AT 5:41 AM

When was the last tune up? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Catalytic converter? Any trouble codes in the computer?

ec.sweet

November, 13, 2011 AT 5:48 AM

Tune up was about 10 wks ago. No codes in computer. New exhaust and cats installed. And no leaks that I could find. I had new exhaust installed and problem began shortly after. I scanned with snapon scanner and all was in perimeters. 02 was functional and good?

DrCranknWrench

November, 13, 2011 AT 5:49 AM

The fuel injectors could be failing or dirty. Try running a high quality fuel system cleaner through the system.
The best one to get is BG44K, but is hard to find and you will have to check service stations or car dealerships in the parts department to find it. The other good one is Sea Foam.
Run two cans of either one or you can do a direct pour into the engine using the brake booster vacuum line as your entrance to pur it into the engine. If you choose to pour it directly into the vacuum line leading into the intake manifold, there are a few things to know; Do not rev the engine during the entire cleaning process.
It will create a great deal of smoke from the exhaust for several minutes. So, don't do it where you might irritate your neighbors who have their windows open.
Idle the vehicle until the smoke from exhaust clears and only use one can to do this.
Do not repeat this direct poor method for a while.
Performance changes may take a little bit of driving as many deposits will be loosened from parts and have to flush through sytem until the true results can be fealt.
You may need to replace the engine oil soon after cleaning as so many deposits will be removed, it tends to make the oil dirty.
You can still run a can in the tank, just don't run two cans of cleaner via the direct pour methed. It can overheat catalytic converters and O2 snesors if this is done.

ec.sweet

November, 13, 2011 AT 5:54 AM

I will try that. Can a fuel pressure regulator suddenly fail or is it gradual. No codes. Assumingthere is a delivery prob.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2011 AT 6:46 AM

They can go fast or slow.