1993 Chevrolet Blazer ABS and Service Engine lights

SHAWN12
  • 1993 CHEVROLET BLAZER

My ABS light stays on but goes off when I use the brakes. Then as soon as I let off the brakes it comes back on. It doesn't come on while in park. Also my service engine comes on when I drive on the highway after 10-15 miles. Turn the truck off and I can go another 10-15 miles before it comes back on. Driving around town it doesn't come on.

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 4:11 PM

SATURNTECH9

I need you to get me the exact code numbers for the abs and the engine?Thats where we need to start.

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 5:57 PM
SHAWN12

Numbers? Where would I find these numbers

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 6:06 PM
SATURNTECH9

When the codes start flashing the first digit of the number will flash X amount of times then the second digit will flash X amount of times. The code will repeat 3 times Then if there is more then one code it wil go to the next code. You get a code a 12 first which is normal. Count the amount of flashes that will tell you the digit number then there will be a pause then the second digit of the number will flash. That will give you the engine codes.I posted the procedure to retrieve those codes. Do you have four wheel abs or two wheel abs?

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 6:40 PM
SHAWN12

I'm assuming I need some kind of machine to do this? I don't have one. Also I was told that my truck was too old for the machines they have. Said it had to be a 95-96 or newer for the machine to work. This was at advance auto. I believe it's only ABS on the front brakes but not for sure. Also it isn't an S-10 Blazer it's a K-1500 Silverado 2 Door Full Size Blazer, As I'm sure you can tell by now I'm not a mechanic but been out of work for over a year now with an 18 month old baby so that's why I'm trying to do what I can by myself (with the help of a pro, ie. You) So please forgive me if I ask stupid questions and Thank You for Your Patience

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 7:23 PM
SATURNTECH9

I gave you instructions how to read codes without a machine please read the instructions I posted for images. If you have two wheel abs you will have rear wheel abs only. See it you have wheel speed sensor wires going to the front wheels?

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 7:49 PM
SHAWN12

Sorry about that. I will try to get the numbers for you tomorrow. Thank You

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 8:03 PM
SATURNTECH9

Its OK I am here to no worries keep me posted.

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 AT 8:08 PM
SHAWN12

That was pretty easy. The codes were 28-32-37

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 11:35 AM
SATURNTECH9

The 32 is a egr code I will have to look up the other two codes. Have you figured out if you have two wheel or four wheel abs yet?

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 11:55 AM
SHAWN12

2 wheel ABS and the 28code I think is quad drive module circuit. Whatever that is. I couldn't find a 37 code on the chart I looked up (might not of been the right chart)

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 12:04 PM
SATURNTECH9

Code 28 is pressure switch manifold range circuit open or shorted. The code 37 is the brake switch stuck on so there is probably the abs light issue. Are your brake lights on all the time?

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 2:19 PM
SHAWN12

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 2:33 PM
SATURNTECH9

For the code 28 you need a scan tool that can read live data like what gear the transmission is put in etc. The code 37 starts off its trouble tree with a scan tool asking if the brake switch shows applied when stepping on the brake pedal then when releasing the brake switch shows released. For the code 32 which engine do you have?California or federal emissions? Which transmission do you have?

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 7:13 PM
SHAWN12

5.7liter EFI and the tranny is an L something. Thought you forgot about me. You didn"t go off and get a life on me did you? LOL

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 7:21 PM
SATURNTECH9

You don't have to worry about me going and get a life I don't have much of one these days lol. Both transmissions have a L 4L60 and 4L80?Also California or federal emissions?

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 7:57 PM
SHAWN12

It's a 4L60 cause it"s a silverado k1500. Made in MEXICO. Go figure

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 8:05 PM
SATURNTECH9

Look on the emissions label under the hood where they show the engine size etc it will say federal or California emissions?

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 8:24 PM
SHAWN12

OK. But this would have been much easies before I started hitten the beers. LOL

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 8:35 PM
SHAWN12

It says Califed. Just kidding. I'll say Federal. It"s a South Carolina truck

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 8:47 PM
SATURNTECH9

Alright I would warm the engine of it up to normal engine temp and there is a egr solenoid between the egr valve and the engine vacuum going to it. Unplug the vacuum line going to the egr valve. This is with the engine running. The raise the engine rpms up to 2,000 rpms and see if the vacuum line going. To the egr valve has vacuum?

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, July 18th, 2013 AT 10:21 PM