ABS AND SERVICE ENGINE LIGHTS

1993 Chevrolet Blazer

shawn12

July, 17, 2013 AT 4:11 PM

My ABS light stays on but goes off when I use the brakes. Then as soon as I let off the brakes it comes back on. It doesn't come on while in park. Also my service engine comes on when I drive on the highway after 10-15 miles. Turn the truck off and I can go another 10-15 miles before it comes back on. Driving around town it doesn't come on.

saturntech9

July, 17, 2013 AT 5:57 PM

I need you to get me the exact code numbers for the abs and the engine?Thats where we need to start.

shawn12

July, 17, 2013 AT 6:06 PM

Numbers? Where would I find these numbers

saturntech9

July, 17, 2013 AT 6:40 PM

When the codes start flashing the first digit of the number will flash X amount of times then the second digit will flash X amount of times. The code will repeat 3 times Then if there is more then one code it wil go to the next code. You get a code a 12 first which is normal. Count the amount of flashes that will tell you the digit number then there will be a pause then the second digit of the number will flash. That will give you the engine codes.I posted the procedure to retrieve those codes. Do you have four wheel abs or two wheel abs?

shawn12

July, 17, 2013 AT 7:23 PM

I'm assuming I need some kind of machine to do this? I don't have one. Also I was told that my truck was too old for the machines they have. Said it had to be a 95-96 or newer for the machine to work. This was at advance auto. I believe it's only ABS on the front brakes but not for sure. Also it isn't an S-10 Blazer it's a K-1500 Silverado 2 Door Full Size Blazer, As I'm sure you can tell by now I'm not a mechanic but been out of work for over a year now with an 18 month old baby so that's why I'm trying to do what I can by myself (with the help of a pro, ie. You) So please forgive me if I ask stupid questions and Thank You for Your Patience

saturntech9

July, 17, 2013 AT 7:49 PM

I gave you instructions how to read codes without a machine please read the instructions I posted for images. If you have two wheel abs you will have rear wheel abs only. See it you have wheel speed sensor wires going to the front wheels?

shawn12

July, 17, 2013 AT 8:03 PM

Sorry about that. I will try to get the numbers for you tomorrow. Thank You

saturntech9

July, 17, 2013 AT 8:08 PM

Its OK I am here to no worries keep me posted.

shawn12

July, 18, 2013 AT 11:35 AM

That was pretty easy. The codes were 28-32-37

saturntech9

July, 18, 2013 AT 11:55 AM

The 32 is a egr code I will have to look up the other two codes. Have you figured out if you have two wheel or four wheel abs yet?

shawn12

July, 18, 2013 AT 12:04 PM

2 wheel ABS and the 28code I think is quad drive module circuit. Whatever that is. I couldn't find a 37 code on the chart I looked up (might not of been the right chart)