4 CYLINDER ENGINE WHAT IS THE OIL FILTER HOUSING TO ENGINE BLOCK TIGHTENING SPEC

1993 Toyota Camry

kd7gav

June, 29, 2013 AT 10:52 AM

On a 1993 toyota camry 4 cylinder engine, the oil filter housing/oil cooling unit is attached to the engine block with a long pipe with a 30mm nut as integral part. To loosing this nut/pipe took an impact wrench since it was so tight. A 3 foot cheater bar would not budge it. So what is the tightening torque spec?

June, 30, 2013 AT 2:50 AM

Could not find the specs for this but it should not be very tight. Sludge could be locking up the threads and it is best to manually turn it slowly, backing off and turning to get it loose.

If you are removing the oil cooler, I believe it is not necessary to remove this. At side of oil cooler there are a few 10mm hex bolts holding the cooler housing.

kd7gav

July, 5, 2013 AT 9:24 AM

I found out the tightening spec is 58 foot-pounds. As for the number of 10mm bolts holding the cooler housing, there is one. I did not have to remove the cooler housing hoses. All that was needed is to gently bend them 90 degrees so I could remove the Oring and gasket/washer. Thanks for the reply.

July, 6, 2013 AT 12:32 PM

Nice work and thanks for the input

TPS Sensor Step by Step Replacement Guide
Engine Torque Mount Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma V6