Car won't start

MADISON07GIRL
  • 1992 TOYOTA CAMRY
  • 240 MILES
My 992 Toyota Camry sounds like it will start, but isn't actually starting. What could be the problem? The electrical is working and I recently had the battery checked. It just won't complete the starting process when I turn the ignition. Is this something I can take care of myself or do I need to go to a mechanic?
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 3:47 PM

SATURNTECH9
So does it crank over and just not start?If so have you checked for spark fuel pressure injector pulse etc?
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 4:53 PM
MADISON07GIRL
Hello -

Yes, that was the problem. But I had to just go ahead and take it in to a mechanic. Didn't know when I donated I had to wait for an email :(. They said it was the distributor. I knew previously that I had to have it replaced, but I didnt' know that it would cause the car not to start. It is being worked on.

Thanks for your reply.

Veronica
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 6:32 PM
SATURNTECH9
Yeah a bad distributor will cause a no start glad to hear you got it all figured out that is what we like to hear. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Thursday, March 24th, 2011 AT 6:48 PM