AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

1992 Toyota Camry

2CarPros-Archives

October, 18, 2010 AT 10:32 PM

1992 Toyota Camry, A540E automatic transmission. I have had my transmission rebuilt and I believe they didn't put in the right transmission. I am an auto mechanic and need to know how I can identify if the A540E, which should be original equipment in the car, is there after it was rebuilt. I took the car back because it is not shifting from first to second gear after being driven for about an hour. I just took it to another branch of the same transmission repair facility and they said it was fine. They adjusted the kick down cable (HA HA) but it didn't make a difference.

Trans Not Shifting

Not Shifting

1 IMAGE

2CarPros-Archives

October, 18, 2010 AT 10:37 PM

Get your VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number) located by the windshield of your car or on your registration certificate and then call a Toyota dealer and he/she can tell you which model of transmission that should be in your car. Then purchase a transmission pan gasket for the model they tell you should be in your car and see if it matches the transmission pan in your car. If it does, you have the right transmission.