PASSENGER WINDOW

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix

ShandaDavis

February, 14, 2011 AT 8:04 PM

My automatic window in my passenger door will roll down but will not roll up. I was thinking it is the regulator but the window is not fallin farther down.

saturntech9

February, 14, 2011 AT 8:59 PM

It sound's more like a binding window glass a bad window motor or bad switch. SO is the glass up high enough to grab with your hand?If so grab the glass and move the window switch to the up position while pulling up on the glass and see if the window will start to go up that way.

ShandaDavis

February, 15, 2011 AT 10:13 AM

I tried that when it first happened, that didnt work. I cant hear any sound in the door when we push the button to try and get the window to go up. The glass is just 3/4 the way down so we can still grab ahold of it.

saturntech9

February, 15, 2011 AT 8:04 PM

Go to the right hand window switch with the key in the run position on the passenger door and move the window switch to the up position. You should have battery voltage to the dark blue wire with everything plugged in. If you do the switch is sending voltage to the motor and working. Then you will have take off the door panel and make sure the motor is getting power and ground when moving the switch to the up position. Let me know what you find.

ShandaDavis

February, 16, 2011 AT 2:01 AM

Me and my friend took off the panel today and used a tester on the plug that plugs into the switch and everything is gettin power. But when we looked down where the metal move arm is that is attached to the bottom of the window it looks like the metal move arm is holdin the window down. For some reason everythin works but that swing arm wont move back up.

saturntech9

February, 16, 2011 AT 4:02 AM

The metal arm is move's the window up and down. You need to see if your getting power and ground to the motor which is what move's that arm. Let me know what you find.

ShandaDavis

February, 16, 2011 AT 4:11 AM

How in the world do you find out if your gettin power and ground to the motor. We checked the plug and that goes into the switch and that is fine. How do we check to see if the motor is gettin power and ground.

saturntech9

February, 16, 2011 AT 5:02 AM

By using the multimeter lead's to measure power and ground at the widow motor connector. So did you check the wire for power that I told you too at the passenger window switch?

ShandaDavis

February, 16, 2011 AT 10:54 PM

Yes I tried that, and we tried to see if its gettin power and it is.

saturntech9

February, 17, 2011 AT 12:30 AM

If your getting power and ground to the motor and the window isn't going up then you have to unbolt the window glass from the arm and see if the window glass moves up and down freely then you have a failed motor.I would also inspect the regulator to make sure it isn't broken or worn.

ShandaDavis

February, 17, 2011 AT 4:27 AM

WE tried to free it from the arm but it wont come off. What can we do to get it off. Is it held on by a bolt, and if so is it in the middle or on the sides?

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon