Car wont start

KATHYLOWERY
  • 1992 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM
92 plymouth acclaim 2.5 wont start getting weak spark replaced roter cap coil fuel pump working and plugs ready to pull hair out
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

DOCDTC
Kathy,
When is the last time the timing belt was replaced? Have you done any testing of the hall-effect pick-up assembly in the dist? Is/Was the check engine light prior to the no-start condition? And finally, have you checked to see if you are getting injector pulse? With a little more info, I think we can save your hair. Let me know, Doc
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 1:11 AM
KATHYLOWERY
Car was running great just stopped all of the sudden and would not start timing belt good timing good also
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 1:20 AM
If you have weak but consistent spark, suspect the ignition coil. Everything that triggers it is working.
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 1:45 AM
DOCDTC
Have you checked for inj. Pulse? Injectors are driven by the ASD relay(B+) and switched on the ground side. Check for power on the Dk. Grn-Org wire at the fuel injector. If you have power there, Next hook the clamp end of your test light to B+ and probe the other side while cranking. The light should flash.
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 2:39 AM
KATHYLOWERY
I have even pored small amount of fuel into carb/injector and could not get results
+1
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 3:18 AM
KATHYLOWERY
I have replaced plugs coil wires distcap distbutton part under button torn front of motor apart and check timing belt for quality and position all appears good
Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 AT 3:22 AM