I HAVE A OLDS DELTA 88 WITH A V6 ENGINE FRONT ...

1992 Oldsmobile Delta 88

jdbeck38225

December, 1, 2012 AT 8:58 AM

I have a Olds Delta 88 with a V-6 engine, front wheel drive with a automatic transmission

Just the other day, I turned it off and tried to start it the next morning. There were no abnormal symptoms of anything about to stop functioning on the car.

When I attempt to start the car, I turn the key in the ignition and the engine just cranks and cranks and cranks with no start-up. I checked to see if the fuel pump was actually delivering fuel to the rail system that provides fuel to the injectors and there is no problems. I checked the return of fuel to ensure there was no blockage and again, no issues whatsoever.

My 2nd test was checking for a spark from the delivery from the "Ignition Coil", I received a spark via a screw driver inserted into the plug wire and put the screw driver close to the exhaust manifold/
I only checked 1 plug wire.

There is no stalling, loss of power or hard to start when cold which would suggest a low fuel PSI

So the car cranks and cranks and cranks but does not start. We have fuel and We have spark.
Are there any suggestion as to what might be the problem and what to do about it.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter