PROBLEMS ON LPG - MORE THROTTLE, LESS POWER

• van dyck
  • 1992 Mitsubishi Express

Van was converted to lpg about 5 years ago. I was having a lot of idling problems, sometimes fine, sometimes stalling on deceleration. Replaced oxygen sensor - general running improved but still the idle problem. I took the cap off the stepper motor (I thought it was a filter of some sort) and replaced it as it had been, at the same time as replacing a radiator hose, and everything changed. Now the idle is ok - a bit erratic, but it hasn't stalled since; but now driving along if I press the throttle I get less power instead of more, and it's impossible to go over 100kph on the flat. Problem does not occur on petrol, in fact since the change in symptoms, petrol running has improved from horrible to pretty good - used to backfire when setting off, now never does. Any advice much appreciated, thanks

Wednesday, October 19th, 2011 AT 2:56 PM

• mhpautos

I would be thinking that the LPG regulator is faulty, you will have to get it on an exhaust gas analyzer to see if it is running way to lean.

Friday, October 28th, 2011 AT 8:43 AM