92 GRAND PROBLEMS

1992 Mercury Marquis

Marion 317

February, 22, 2011 AT 10:24 AM

What has been happening is that my 92 Grand Marquis is dead when I go to start it, and it is totally dead, not even turning over at all! However the the radio, power window and lights work. If I leave it for about 10 to 12 hrs. It will start again. Then I can drive it for about 1 or 2 days, then suddenly it will not start and the same thing happens all over again. This has happened twice already. If it were the battery then the other things wouldn't work, right? By the way, I just purchased the battery (new) several months ago.

The other thing that's happening is the check engine light comes on regularly. A mechanic told me I need a new EGR valve and some other work done having to do with the EGR (I think it was a cleaning?), Anyway, he gave me a quote for 682.00 dollars. I have to question that.

Hopefully you can steer me in the right direction.

Thank you
Marion 317

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe