THALMUS
  • 1992 JEEP WRANGLER
I have an 1992 jeep wrangler and it wont start what is wrong
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 5:26 PM

Does it do anything when the key is in the start position? Any sounds? Headlight come on normal (Daylight hard to tell, but are they as brigh as they should be? Do you have a Handheld Voltmeter? Detailed info, is a good thing!---The Medic
Wednesday, March 16th, 2011 AT 7:23 PM
THALMUS
Yes the headlight and all the accessories work it just wont start
Thursday, March 17th, 2011 AT 4:37 PM
I know this was meant for a CJ, much of this will work for you. Most people skip over the EZ stuff, and go straight to something they go out and buy...Try what you can, in this other post I answered (you will know when he is going elsewhere, other than not starting)...Let me know what happens. Your Solenoid looks different, but performs the same task as mine. I cannot link you here (will not work!) But copy and paste this onto a new tab and you will see it http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1986-jeep-cj7-help-needed ----Return and we will continue if Need-Be/ or you have good news!--The Medic
Thursday, March 17th, 2011 AT 7:31 PM
THALMUS
Ok it starts know after testing the crankshaft sensor but then it wouldnt crank but up after it cutted off then we started testing it again and then it cranked right back up. Do you think that it can be something in the with the crankshaft sensor in the distirbutor wrong or is it that I will have to replace the whole ditistributor it and the crankshaft sensor?
Friday, March 18th, 2011 AT 5:48 PM
Allrighty Then, I imagine you already figgered out I'm a CJ guy.I thought you meant ENGINE NO TURNY OVER! I'm not really super Computer vehicle oriented.I looked on our site for Testing of the crankshaft sensor. No quick luck. I AM ASSUMING NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON? Here's a resource that may give you DIFFERENT WAYS TO TEST IT, maybe with different results than you have now. _______If you remove your ignition module, you can possibly get it tested for FREE at Autozone, Advance Auto, other popular auto parts stores. I would call in advance and insure they are capable! (Have experienced the tester was not working)---Results?--The Medic
Friday, March 18th, 2011 AT 7:47 PM