Starting

TIMBO91
  • 1992 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
My 1992 jeep wont turn over. It has power to the but wont crank over. Has a new starter and solenoid and the battery terminal ends are tight. Whats wrong?
Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 4:18 AM

TRY THIS STUFF

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1992-jeep-cherokee-1992-jeep-cherokee--2

LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES

Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 7:37 AM
Timbo91---'zat you in the other post too!

I noticed that the last several postings, were 1992 station wagon type vehicles, manufactured by "Jeep/ Chrysler Corp."

I do not know much about the "INNERARDS" of this type of rig (sorry)

Since you didn't reply back.I am assuming you are either FIXED or tired of responses, given by an Ole Country boy---hours after his bedtime. Or the New 2carfellers site some how did not alert me of you responding, like it did at the previous unaltered site. They are not finished with the "remodel" yet.

Other than what sent, my next approach would be to check All FUSES (owners manual might, "give up" the locations of "hidden fuse blocks"

Owners manual and Maybe a Chilton or Haynes manual might help with possible relays/ fuses that might factor in, somewhere between your key and the Solenoid

I said I do not know your rig, much at all, so I do not know how this might work for you

Do you have or can you borrow or purchase a DEALEE called a Remote Starter Switch?

MAYBE YOU COULD BY-PASS THE KEY PART--AT THE SOLENOID--JUST TO FIRE IT UP--OR JUST TO VERIFY IT WILL TURN OVER (IT MAY "FIRE UP" ALSO)

THIS IS A COOL "HARBOR FREIGHT" ITEM FOR UNDER $35 --- GOT OTHER GOODIES TO AID IN A TUNE-UP. THIS ONE IS MY BUDDY'S (I HAVE THE BIG BULKY STUFF!)

THE COOL THINGS ABOUT THIS ONE ARE: PRICE--SIZE--WHATS INCLUDED--ITS ALL IN ONE BOX

YOUR TURN--WUZ YOU UP ALL NGHT, AS I WAS?

REPLY BELOW AT "ADD A REPLY"

YOUR TURN!

Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 4:21 PM
YOUR SOLENOID LOOKS DIFFERENT THAN THE ONES USED IN "REAL JEEPS"---THIS IS MY '77 AND '46 BOTH HAVE IDENTICAL SOLENOIDS. HERE IS THE "EXPLANATION" OF WHAT THE POSTS DO. YOURS WORKS VERY SIMILAR TO THIS

REPLY WITH GOOD NEWS

Thursday, December 9th, 2010 AT 4:45 PM