Worried about the Civic

BLUEFISH1972
  • 1992 HONDA CIVIC
Hi, its me again with the honda civic LX 92 2.5 auto 150miles on it I ask you before abuot someting was wrong with it beacouse the car starts when its cool I keep it running for half hour I shut it off when I try to start again cranks but wont start only start again if I push the gas pedal all away to the floor not suppost to be lake that. I did tuneup, and fuel pump.
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 5:08 PM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 8:24 PM
BLUEFISH1972
You know its wierd becuase the cars starts I leaving running for a little time and then a I shut it off, it wont start but if I wait couple of minutes itll start again, the fuel pump and sparks wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter and air filter are new. I chek the spark its poor and isint blue
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 11:30 PM
KHLOW2008
Have the PGM-FI main relay checked.
You could have a failing ignition coil.
Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 12:36 AM