Honda wont start

UNIQUEHONDA
  • 1992 HONDA CIVIC
I have a 92 honda civic dx that wont start. When you go to crank it you hear nothing no click or anything but the interior lights all cut off when trying to crank it.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 2:42 PM

SATURNTECH9
The first thing you need to do is have the battery tested and make sure the cables are clean and tight. Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 3:23 PM
WRENCHTECH
You need to have your battery charged and tested.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 3:23 PM
UNIQUEHONDA
I put a brand new distributor on it and it ran fine then one day I came home turned the car off and it hasn't crank back up since then I've replaced the starter spark plugs fuel filter and the battery tested good I also just went out with a test light and there is power getting to the starter so now what could it be
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 4:15 PM
SATURNTECH9
So you have power to the trigger wire with the key in the start position or are you talking about power to the large battery cable on the starter?
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 4:22 PM
UNIQUEHONDA
I have power to The large battery cable on the starter
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 5:12 PM
SATURNTECH9
You have to have power there plus to the trigger wire when the key is in the start postion. Also you need to have the battery tested and the make sure your battery cables are clean and tight. Beore you do the next step because if you find power at the trigger wire like I explained then you have a bad starter.I don't want you to replace the starter for no reason. So have the battery tested and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight. Put the car in neutral have someone press the clutch pedal all way to the floor then with the key in the start position you should have power to the black wire with the red tracer.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011 AT 5:34 PM