My car wont start!

HELP ME PLEASE!
  • 1992 HONDA ACCORD
My car wont start! I have a 92 honda accord. It cranks but does not turn on. If it starts, it stays on for 5 seconds and then dies. I have replaced the alternator, the distributor and still nothing. About 2 and a half years ago I replaced the distributor, maybe a year ago I had to replace the timing belt and water pump. Now this! I replaced the alternator and distributor again, I dont know what to do! Please help me ASAP! Im not sure if it could be the ecu or maybe the timing came off or somthing. Please help me
Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 5:19 AM

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 5:28 AM
JUGGERNAUT615
Rasmataz is right but all this fails and you do hear the fuel pump come on when key is engaged it is possible that the tank filter sock is clogged with varnished gas or even rust from inside the tank itself. If the car has sat for a long time with little or no fuel in it condensation will rust the inside of the gas tank then when you fill it up again it will slosh around and break all the rust loose and eventually clog up the filter sock if this is the case it is best to replace fuel tank while you have it down in order to keep from burning up $100 fuel pumps.
Monday, January 31st, 2011 AT 9:12 PM