TRANNY BLOCK PLATE ISSUES

• fersureian
  • 1992 Ford F-150

I have the 4.9 in my truck and the transmission is a aod out of a 88 awd aerostar. I took the tranny out to replace front main seal, and now when I start it back up there is a god awful squeal from where the block plate is hitting off of the flex plate and the tourqe converter. I was told that I could cut the block plate out because all it is, is a shim. And I was told I could put shims before the plate so therfore it will give it room away from the tourqe conv. Please help I cant figure it out

Sunday, August 28th, 2011 AT 1:22 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

We only recommend direct fit parts. I would need to be there to see what needs done to fix this. However, since they are two different vehicles, I know there are differences.

Thursday, September 1st, 2011 AT 3:11 AM
  • fersureian

Well when I bought the truck, it fired right up and had no problems except for the front main seal. When I pulled the tranny out. I think I bent the plate somehow, and now it wont bend back. The tranny is an exact fit for the truck. It just isnt the eaod.

Thursday, September 1st, 2011 AT 3:17 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

What plate bent for you?

Thursday, September 1st, 2011 AT 3:21 AM
  • fersureian

Its the plate that seperates the flex plate and the block. Its more of a shim if anything.

Thursday, September 1st, 2011 AT 3:24 AM