SO IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY TRUCK I WAS ON THE...

1992 Ford Explorer

Anonymous

October, 17, 2012 AT 7:41 AM

So I'm having problems with my Truck, I was on the freeway and heard a revving after pressing the gas down, I was going about 65 mph at the time. I immediately pulled off of the freeway and checked my fluids. (The Car was still running) When I checked the Transmission fluid there was a slight smoke coming out of it but it was still pink and the dipstick read the levels were fine. I tried putting it back in gear and everything went smoothly except for the problem of my car not moving at all this time. I had it towed to my house and two days later I had to move it for street sweeping. I turned it on Just as a last hope to see if it would engage and it drove for about 40 yards, then the problem picked back up. So my question is what do you guys think it is? The Transmission, The torque converter, pumps, 4WD Shift Motor, etc? I need to buy the parts that I need, but I don't have the funds to take it to a shop at the moment. Hopefully you guys can clear things up for me.
OH and when I start it the car starts up fine, it switches gears fine, but the rpm gage immediately jumps to about half way, but the cars been doing that since I received it and it's ran fine aside from the occasional slip.

October, 17, 2012 AT 10:05 AM

Either the torque converter or the front pump. Both require removal of the unit but if you are there, replace all the clutches and seals.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma