MY CAR IDLES UP AND DOWN REPEATIDLLY AND I HAVE LOSS OF POWER ONCE CAR GETS TO 35MPH.

• mrmateocincy
  • 1992 Eagle Talon

What wrong with my car?When in park or nuetral the idles goes up and down non stop and real fast. When I get up to 35 mph the car loses power big time. Also sometimes when driving at a steady speed my car****** as if there is no gas or too much gas getting to the engine.A garage tested it for vacuum leaks and said they could find one.I also had a friend clean the throttle body the best he could but there was some places hard to get to. Also my exhaust rattles im not sure if that would have something to do with it. Was told by a garage it was something electrical like a mass airflow sensor, throttle postion sensor, or air control valve. They scanned it and didnt know which one was causing the problem. Car doesn't overheat everything else works fine. 1992 eagle talon non turbo, front wheel drive.

Tuesday, October 25th, 2011 AT 12:30 AM

• rasmataz

Have the idle air control valve cleaned and tested also have the fuel pressure check

Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 AT 12:49 AM