The fuel injectors on my truck (1992 Chevrolet 2500 2WD, 5.7L) read a resistance of 1.5 ohms. The Haynes Manual says the resistance should be between 1.16-1.36 ohms. Is 1.5 ohms big enough of a difference to prevent my truck from starting? Would cleaning them change anything or should I just replace the injectors?
I looked at them while my boyfriend turned the key on and nothing came out of them. I am not sure if this is the right way to check them since the air filter housing was open.
What I have checked: The battery is charged and works fine with a load. I replaced the ignition coil and the fuel pump relay. The fuel pump seems to work, I can hear a nice wrrr when the key is turned on. The fuel filter seems fine and was replaced about 2 months ago. Spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor have been replaced 2 months ago, same as oil and oil filter. I just checked one of the spark plugs. There is a little bit of black deposit on it but not much (should I do anything about this?). I just refurbished the fuel pressure regulator that seemed to leak. The "check engine" light has been on and off since I bought the truck (a year and a half ago).
Could the computer itself be bad and causing the truck not to start?
Thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, June 10th, 2015 AT 3:55 PM