Not start for a couple hours

WESS57
  • 1992 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

Just started this it will start and run for a little bit and then die and wont start it will turn over but not start for a couple hours, when it does runs good in park when put in gear it dies again, used to run good in park no more always dies after a few minutes of running.

Is getting fuel to injectors and control module and coil packs seem to be alright and not in need of change as I was told, changed fuel filter as well, it doesn't matter if its warm or cold out the car dies no matter what, Im unemployed and looking for work I need this car to run soon!

Love you guys :-)

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 4:41 PM

If it cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank it, while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Any applicable trouble codes? You may need to check for rpm signal. I need more info.

Friday, February 24th, 2012 AT 6:10 PM