1992, Chevy Blazer S-10: Problem with clutch

JESUSZERP
  • 1992 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Hi Guys, my problem it seems to be the same that Leogallant reported on June 17, 2008 and it was answer by Dr. Hagerty. I don´t have clear the procedure explained. The answer provided was :"The exploded view in Mitchell on demand shows the clutch slave cylinder is bolted onto the bell housing, if this is so then it is very similar to what I am used to working with in BMW cars. Try removing the slave cylinder and pushing the rod all the way into the cylinder, holding it there for a moment and then let it extend, doing this several times will bleed the air from the system. I use this method exclusively to bleed clutch hydraulics and have had 100% success rate. Please let me know if this works for you.". Please let me know when I have to open the bleed screw. I would like to get step by step all this procedure because I´m tired of fighting with this problem and I have not been able to bleed the clutch system, not enough pressure to do anything. I have replaced both pump (master and slave). Waiting for a cordially answer. Regards.
Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 7:01 PM

WRENCHTECH
The biggest problem is that the bleeder is at the slave cylinder and all the air rises to the top at the master cylinder and has to be forced down to the bleeder. A pressure bleed usually helps a lot. The dealer commonly sells the master and slave all connected together as a unit and pre-bled for this reason. Another thing you can try is to remove the slave connected and elevate it above the master to bleed.
Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 8:00 PM
JESUSZERP
Hi Wrenchtech, many thanks for your answer. How I see your last suggestion could help. Tomorrow I will check how difficult could be to move the pipe line. Also the Hagerty idea is fine only I did not understand how to do. Jes s
Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 9:54 PM
WRENCHTECH
It won't help on yours because your slave push rod is inside the bellhousing and not exposed.
Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 9:56 PM
JESUSZERP
Hi Wrenchtech, you are right. I will wait until tomorrow to see how to move the pipe line, I saw a segment that is flexible hose and other ones are metallic hose. The metallic hose mainly are connected to master and slave clutch pumps at the ends, If I have to remove the secondary (slave) pump, I have to see how to do it without break the line ascending the pump because it should be the same way to return it to its housing after bleed. Just only one question, How do you know that you are ready with the bleed. Regards, Jes s
Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 10:32 PM
WRENCHTECH
All free play except an inch or 2 will be gone from the pedal travel. Just don't press that clutch pedal with the slave removed unless the bleeder is open. It will pop the piston out and you will be replacing the slave. It might be a good idea to run a tie rap around it to hold the piston in until you're ready to re-install it.
Monday, May 16th, 2011 AT 10:40 PM