RADIATOR COOLANT COLOR

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

June, 5, 2013 AT 5:29 PM

Well I spoke too soon. Today I was filling my radiator up with coolant to test my system out. I replaced the water pump the radiator the hoses and the water outlet. I thought I did the inlet and thermostat but I did not. I ran a flush through the system. I dumped all the contents filled it up with new fluid it was running perfect for a good 2 weeks. I dumped it filled it up with new today and all of a sudden it started pumping up brown fluid up that smelled like oil. It was a terrible smell almost like when you disconnect the oil lines from that radiator is what it smelled like. I have gotten a lot of bad radiators from that company where I bought it from. Most of them had cracks in it and I had to destroy 5 of them. The other problem was it was not sucking the fluid down it was flowing over and also going into the back up resivore. Any suggestions why it drained out green and now it is brown. Their is no water in the oil or transmission fluid I checked their. Also from what I can see their is no blown head gasket.

Cooling Fan Problem

Radiator On

1 ANSWER

hmac300

June, 6, 2013 AT 6:27 AM

These year caddies are known for a crappy engine which blows head gaskets galore have system pressure checked, i'm sure it will show a head gasket that is oil in radiator

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Coolant Drain and Refill
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet