I AM LOOKING AT A CHILTONS MANUEL TO DIAGNOSE A...

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

September, 19, 2012 AT 9:05 PM

Hi I am looking at a chiltons manuel to diagnose a cruise control problem. I reposted sorry. But Is a speed sensor on the 1992 cadillac deville related to the cruise control. I have checked the fuse it was good. Their is no leak in the vacuum. I changed the cruise lever out. I checked for power it has power. I bought a servo on ebay that was supposobly in working condition. Where is the stepper motor located. From the sounds of it. It is the thing that attaches to the throttle cable and the cruise cable. What is a transducer and how do you test it. Also is their a way to test the cruise servo. Thanks.

September, 19, 2012 AT 9:20 PM

Yes, speed sensors are a vital part of the system as the system needs to keep the vehicle at the speed it was set at.
Transducer should mean the vacuum unit.

What is the problem you are encountering? Are the brake lights working?
Any component or circuits that is not working correctly?

sean03

September, 19, 2012 AT 9:27 PM

Yeah the brake lights work. The problem that I am having is that the cruise control system does not work at all. The light in the display use to glow orange and then when you set it it would glow green. The lights dont glow up at all and when I set the cruise speed it does not set it at all.

September, 19, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

You are moving too far ahead. The indicator light has to show when the cruise control system is turned on. When it does not glow, it can mean either no power supply to it, the switch is bad or you have a missing ground circuit.

Get a DVOM or testlight and pull the switch out. Ensure you have battery voltage at the Brown wire.

sean03

September, 19, 2012 AT 9:45 PM

I have a digital voltmeter. What do I set it to volts dc or ac. What switch do I pull out the turn signal switch that attaches to the collum. It has the cruise switch on it to turn it off and on. Thanks.

September, 19, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

DC with range of up to 20. If you can get at the wiresocket, you need not take out the whole thing.

sean03

September, 20, 2012 AT 9:58 PM

Ok so I was looking for the brown wire but could not find it. Here are some pictures maybe I am looking in the wrong place.

September, 20, 2012 AT 10:19 PM

Wire colors seems to be different from the schematic in our database.

There are 4 wires, ensure at least one of it has battery voltage when ignition is turned on.

sean03

September, 24, 2012 AT 9:22 PM

Hey sorry I havent gotten back to you. I had a few things come up. I will check this tomorrow. I have a lot of spare time on my hands tomorrow. I will let you know once I test this. Thanks.

cadieman

September, 25, 2012 AT 9:19 PM

U should be able go in the cpu and ck for cruise codes. Just push the off and warmer buttons on the a/c head until you see all segments light release. As it goes thru the cpus. Write the codes down. Then if no codes are set then its a vacuum problem. Next test the small hose at the servo for vacuum. Then remove the large hose and blow air through the hose with you mouth.U should not be able to blow into it. Start here then come back. Gl

sean03

September, 28, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

Ok I blew through the large hole and you can not blow through it. Their is no codes in the system. The small hose has a good vacuum. The number 7 fuse is good I changed that out today. I checked for the voltage before I put the fuse in. It had 12.2 volts which is good. I got confused on the diagram. With the grey pink black and dark blue. How do I check this. Do I put the positive volt meter on one and then put the negative probe on the other. If you could explain on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for all your time and help.

Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement