1992 Buick Century will not stay running

TAT24U
  • 1992 BUICK CENTURY
The car starts and runs fine for like 10-15 minutes then dies it will start one more time with a little miss then wont start at all unless I floor it to keep it going then stron smell of gas. I changet coil pack fuel pump fuel filter fuel injection regulator and O2 sensor no service engine soon light is on but I manually checked for a possible code and it doesnt show one. I'm lost now and just cant figure it out
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 AT 1:15 AM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs then get back with me-we start here
+1
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 AT 3:13 AM
TAT24U
Im not surehow to respond to you razmataz but yesthe fuel pressure was at specs
+1
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 AT 6:37 AM
TAT24U
Sorry I just saw this yes I rented the tester and the pressure was within specs and even though it was I figured since it was a 1992 and most everything was original things were getting tired so to speak thats why I really had no problem changing the fuel pump, strainer, filter, and fuel injection pressure regulator
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 AT 6:42 AM
Check the idle air control valve, TPS and MAP sensors and clean out the throttle body-let me know what you find
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 AT 12:09 PM
TAT24U
Ok I checked all the components mentioned the idle air control valve had a lot of soot on it it had movement but im not sure how much movement it is supposed to have though and with all the sensors I dont know how to check them with a multimeter so all I can tell you or give you is visual information the map sensor had some soot on it but the platinum wires were in tact and the TPS moved freely
+1
Saturday, April 12th, 2014 AT 7:49 AM
Clean out the PCV and EGR valves-The IACV you probably have to change it-
Saturday, April 12th, 2014 AT 1:50 PM
TAT24U
Well at least the IACV is the cheaper of them but I will keep you informed its just its parked like 30 mins from me so I got to rely on rides sorry
Saturday, April 12th, 2014 AT 4:10 PM
I'll be waiting for your return
-1
Saturday, April 12th, 2014 AT 10:27 PM