I AM HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

1991 Toyota Pickup

DII

October, 30, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

Im having a similar problem with a 1991 22re 2wd pickup just put a starter pressure plate though out clutch flywheel, took it out for a test ride and it ran great but heard a little chatter turned out to be the water pump replaced it and a fan belt, fired it up ran almost a minute the check engine light came on and it just slowly lost power and died but started right back up and did the same thing. When I moved things to change water pump I unscrewed the plug for what I'm thinking was the mass air flow sensor, didn't damage anything when I realized that wasn't the way, I screwed it back down removed the clip and pulled the plug. And I'm thinking thats where I might have a problem. So this morn I unscrewed it again and seal it to make it air tight again started it up and the light stayed on but it ran for a good 3 or 4 minutes and slowly died off. Its got me stumped. And I can't get it to give up any codes. I did notice I've got an excessive amount water coming from my tail pipe. Anyone have any ideas? Stuck in Ga. Headed too Ar.

hmac300

October, 30, 2011 AT 10:59 PM

Get the code read so you know what is screwed up and where to go instead of just hit an dmisss.

October, 31, 2011 AT 4:12 PM